COVID-19 has dominated the news — and the senior care industry. Over the past few months, CMS has issued waivers, updated waivers, and repealed waivers. Amidst this COVID chaos is confusion over what PBJ Staffing data is currently posted on Nursing Home Compare. Is it Q1?…Q2? When do you see Q3? What about Q4?
Even Dr. Seuss’ Sneetches would understandably be confused about their stars!
Stars for Q1 but not for Q2.
The stars for Q3 will soon post as new.
What about the stars for Q4?
We do so hope that quarter shows more.
Cutting through the COVID staffing star confusion
So what exactly is posted in Nursing Home Compare?
- In a normal year, you would see your Q2 staffing star rating (January 1 – March 31 data) posted from the end of July through end of October.
- With the COVID waiver making Q2 PBJ submission optional, Nursing Home Compare currently still shows your Q1 2020 staffing star rating (October 1 – December 31, 2019 data).
- At the end of this month (October), you will see your new Q3 staffing star rating (April 1 – June 30, 2020 data) posted to Nursing Home Compare.
The PBJ reporting you are currently working on – Q4 2020 (July 1 – September 30, 2020 data) – is due November 14 and will post to Nursing Home Compare the end of January 2021.
While confusing, your PBJ Staffing Five-Star only factors one quarter at a time — unlike your Quality Five-Star, which must incorporate a year’s worth of data into the calculation.
What do I need to know?
- You must submit your Q4 2020 PBJ data (July 1 – September 30, 2020) to CMS by Nov. 14.
- IF you choose to submit your optional PBJ data for Q2 2020 (January 1 – March 31, 2020), it is also due Nov. 14.
- Your next Staffing Five-Star rating will post to Nursing Home Compare the end of October and is based on data from Q3 2020 (April 1 – June 30, 2020).
Have more questions?
ezPBJ™ will host its PBJ Quarterly Check-In on Oct. 28. This webinar is your opportunity to get all your PBJ questions answered before the upcoming Nov. 14 submission deadline. You can ask your questions live during the webinar, or click the button below to submit your questions now so we can be sure to prioritize them.
ezPBJ™ is now SimplePBJ™
ezPBJ™ is changing its name to SimplePBJ™. Over the next few months, you’ll see the new SimplePBJ™ name on invoices, product sheets and within the product itself. What won’t change is our ongoing effort to provide you with incredible software and outstanding support.
PBJ quarterly check-in
Wed, Oct. 28, 2020 | 11:30am CT
ezPBJ will host its quarterly PBJ check-in webinar on Oct. 28. Learn the latest CMS updates and ask your PBJ questions. You can also submit questions in advance to be sure they get answered during the webinar, or ask them during the live Q&A.