Uploading a CMS PBJ XML file is a multi-step process:
- 1. Make sure your zipped XML is in a local folder since the CMS Secure Access Service will disconnect network drives.
- 2. Connect to the CMS Secure Access Service and then navigate to the PBJ system (more info above).
- 3. Once you’re in the PBJ system, click the Upload Data File menu item.
- 4. Select the Federal Fiscal Quarter. Make sure you select the Federal Fiscal Quarter and not the regular calendar quarter.
- 5. Click Browse… and select your zipped XML file.
- 6. Click the Upload File button
- 7. Write down or print the Submission ID.
- 8. Review the PBJ Final File Validation Report from the CASPER Reporting system.