ezPBJ Pro Suite
The Easy Way to PBJ
Payroll-Based Journal inaccuracies and missing hours will soon affect a facility’s CMS Five Star Rating and could lead to regulatory compliance and audit issues. Many facilities are struggling with manual data entry or inadequate PBJ files provided by payroll and timekeeping vendors. Others are unaware that payroll vendors are removing hours so that their reports aren’t rejected by CMS.
ezPBJ Pro Suite is a web-based tool to solve all your PBJ problems. Easily convert your existing staffing data to PBJ and avoid all manual entry. Review all PBJ data in a single pane of glass with interactive reports and visual dashboards. Optimize and “scrub” data with ezPBJ’s comprehensive error checker to identify potential problem areas, inconsistencies, and missing data. Follow the prompts to correct these issues and prevent CMS rejections.
With ezPBJ Pro Suite, you can convert staffing data to PBJ, proactively identify problems, maximize your staffing rating, maintain regulatory compliance, and reduce the risk of audit.
PBJ – Ready in Four Easy Steps
Start your 15-day free trial
We’re so confident you’ll love our software that we’ll let you try it for free.
Import Payroll and Vendor Files
ezPBJ can import all your PBJ files – including standard timekeeping and staffing reports from virtually any timekeeping or payroll system to individual vendor, contract and rehab files. Our Import Wizard walks your through the file import, data mapping and creation of reusable templates that save your custom rules.
Import All PBJ Files
- Payroll and timekeeping files
- Rehab and vendor files
- XML, CSV, excel files
- Import Wizard walks you through the process
Create Reusable Templates
- Map your Job Titles and Pay Types to CMS codes
- Split shifts at midnight for reporting
- Exclude non-direct care paid hours
- Save unique templates to reuse every CMS Quarter
You can manually add any data not captured in the file import – such as contracted staff and hours, staff that spend partial time at your facility and hours of salaried employees. You can also modify imported data to reflect CMS guidelines like splitting hours based on multiple job titles and excluding non-direct care hours.
Manually Add Any Staff
- Contract and vendor staff
- Staff that spend partial time at SNF
- Corporate staff
Manually Add or Modify Hours Worked
- Add salaried and contract hours
- Split hours based on multiple Job Titles
- Exclude individual non-reportable hours
Audit Data and Check for Errors
Ensure the accuracy and completeness of your PBJ data before submitting to CMS. ezPBJ’s Visual Dashboards allow you to audit all your PBJ data in multiple displays. You can then use our Error Checks to quickly identify any potential issues that could cause your file to be rejected by CMS.
Audit Visual Dashboard
- Evaluate staffing data by Job Titles, Pay Types and dates
- Drill down and stratify by specific categories
- Review projected Five Star staffing calculations
- Compare multiple facilities using staffing metrics
Run CMS Error Checks
- Identify potential CMS submission errors
- Isolate detailed specifics for correction
- View helpful correction tips
- Re-run error checks until file has zero errors
Create and Download PBJ XML File
ezPBJ creates your downloadable zipped PBJ XML file – ready for CMS submission – with the click of a button. Files are produced via your specified parameters and archived for easy accessibility.
Ready to Learn More?
Request a quote by completing this form,
calling us at (585) 210-9780 or emailing trial@ezPBJ.com.
ezPBJ converts standard timekeeping and staffing reports from virtually any timekeeping or payroll system such as Paychex, ADP, Paycor, Paycom, Kronos, SmartLinx, AOD, Novatime and many more. You can also use ezPBJ to convert and clean Vendor and Rehab files to PBJ format.
ezPBJ handles the toughest PBJ data gotcha’s:
- Split paid hours at midnight to report by calendar day
- Split hours by Job for crossover staff
- Filter non-reportable hours such as PTO, sick and vacation
- Exclude non-Direct Care staff by unit, department, title, etc.
- Apply job titles and pay types to the Paid Hours reports
- Include partial Direct Care hours for administrative staff